F A R M F U
It's not about the MP3 Player - I'm lovin' this!


Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Web-based Apps: Posted through Google Docs

I thought it would be interesting to try Goodle Docs, too. Google Docs differs from Zoho in that both the Word Processing and the Spreadsheet appear to be in the same application. All you have to do is click the New Folder on the top left and choose either Document or Spreadsheet. Once again, I like the fact that I can save it online, without going into layers of folders on the computer or on a flash drive (and if the computer crashes, you still have your document!). And it saves with each new entry as you're working on the document, and can be access under the Revisions tab. This is great stuff! No more lost documents.

And it appears you can upload and email documents to your own unique address in this program to continue working on them through Google Docs (of course, I'll have to write down that address to remember it, it was a long string of characters). Under the Share tab, like a wiki, you can give permissions for others to add or edit the document. I'm impressed with this new techonology, and I never even new it existed.

No comments:

Don't you just love this!

I just love this song. It takes me way back to my 6th grade summer. I bought this as a 45 rpm and played it on my grandmother's Victrola, complete with hand crank on the side.

My Bloglines RSS Feeds

This one's for you, June!