F A R M F U
It's not about the MP3 Player - I'm lovin' this!


Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Week 6 - Thing 14

I spent a lot of time with Technorati, the search engine for the blogosphere. I never realized there were so many blogs! I did an advanced search of library 2.0 in Blog posts and retrieved 23,725 results, in tags 19,485 results, and in the Blog Directory 353 blogs. I like the tag search because it shows related tags which can broaden the search to find something even more interesting. The interesting thing in comparing popular blog posts, searches, and tags, is that many of the same blogs come up in each category.

I'm interested in starting a watchlist, but not sure I really want to open a Technorati account. I don't feel confident enough about my posts that I want other people searching them. So far, this is the first "thing" I haven't opened an account on. I did see a blog on OPLINLIST that I would want in my favorites, so I may come back later and claim my blog.

One thing for sure, with all of this new technology terminology, we need an updated dictionary that includes all of these new words for the next time we play scrabble!

No comments:

Don't you just love this!

I just love this song. It takes me way back to my 6th grade summer. I bought this as a 45 rpm and played it on my grandmother's Victrola, complete with hand crank on the side.

My Bloglines RSS Feeds

This one's for you, June!